Sunday, April 15, 2012


My dearest Georgian friend of wisdom,

I have learnt many things from you but I can summarise them in 5 words – Shiiiiinanigans... Tomfooleeeery... Hullabaloooooo.... Ballyhoooo... Antics!

Another important message from you to me - once you told me: “Life is like a roller – coaster. You go really high and really low, really fast.” You saved me from sadness, Tatum, thank you.

You rock my world, TayTay! Have a very, very happy birthday! 


Always Yours,
Vili


P.S. Below I have selected some cool Brothers Karamazov stuff specially for you (don't forget to read the book, boy!)...

". . . I'm a Karamazov. . . . when I fall into the abyss, I go straight into it, head down and heels up, and I'm even pleased that I'm falling in such a humiliating position, and for me I find it beautiful. And so in that very shame I suddenly begin a hymn. Let me be cursed, let me be base and vile, but let me also kiss the hem of that garment in which my God is clothed; let me be following the devil at the same time, but still I am also your son, Lord, and I love you, and I feel a joy without which the world cannot stand and be."

----

 ". . . I know that heart, it is a wild but noble heart . . . It will bow down before your deed, it thirsts for a great act of love, it will catch fire and resurrect forever. There are souls that in their narrowness blame the whole world. But overwhelm such a soul with mercy, give it love, and it will curse what it has done, for there are so many germs of good in it. The soul will expand and behold how merciful God is, and how beautiful and just people are. He will be horrified, he will be overwhelmed with repentance and the countless debt he must henceforth repay. And then he will not say, 'I am quits,' but will say, 'I am guilty before all people and am the least worthy of all people.'"

----

"It's the great mystery of human life that old grief passes gradually into quiet tender joy."

 ----

"The more I detest men individually the more ardent becomes my love for humanity."
 ----
"I think the devil doesn't exist, but man has created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness."


Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment