Wednesday, April 18, 2012

¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

First of all, go look at our Facebook friendship page RIGHT NOW. I was trying to get some inspiration for this, and reading our wall-to-wall conversation was laugh-out-loud hilarious. 

Secondly, I never thought that I would leave England with such a near and dear friend. I was told by many a folk prior to my Globalscope departure that 1) you definitely had your favorites and 2) that I was going to be one of them. People these days, right? Winter/Spring 2011 was one of the craziest times in my life, and I honestly don't know how I would've made it through the semester without your encouragement and your ability to keep me sane. It's astounding. You're amazing. The end.
But of course it's not really the end, and the story only gets better! My semester in Selly Oak is only a small portion on the timeline that is our friendship, so prepare to deal with all of my ridiculous quirks until we meet Jesus. And then we can ask him if everything happens for a reason, because I don't think we ever quite resolved that debate (which happened exactly a year ago today at the Old Joint Stock over Blue Moons.. so sorry for getting pissy about that). 

But until that time comes, we can laugh about my impeccable Spanish-speaking abilities, getting "handsy", that time I flicked you off when you told the entire Canvas staff that "we'll always have Fab", my never-ending love for Rooster House, your never-ending love for Nertz, Wednesday night dinners, and of course that time you led us around the entire city of Birmingham to find the Crescent Moon Theatre. We've had some quality moments, sir :)


Love and miss you, sweet friend! Have a wonderful birthday. I hope it's filled with all sorts of fun shenanigans, hullabaloo, antics, and ballyhoo. Give everyone at Canvas a big hug for me. xx
See you in June!

- LL

No comments:

Post a Comment