Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday JT!!!


Dearest Jason Joseph Tatum,

I believe this picture sums up our relationship rather well, the "I am serious" Jason Tatum - yet your wearing a multicoloured wig - and the always fooling around Varsity Jo.

Firstly, thank you for meeting me that day at burgers and for making me feel so welcome! Not only that, but thank you for taking the opportunity to speak to me and for giving me the nickname "Varsity Jo", which has stuck ever since! Still on the burger subject, thank you for persisting over the coming weeks that I came to Canvas on a Thursday night, after burgers in the afternoon. I still remember the "on the fence" feeling of wanting to come, but not sure about going BUT then you got me with GAMES night! The relationship between me and thee and between me and canvas has never stopped growing since that day - thank you!

Secondly, you have shaped my life an awful lot over the last year and there have been times where I wouldn't have known what to do without your wise words - so thank you so much for always being there and always supporting me through the good and bad! I generally feel a better person for knowing you and following your words of wisdom.

Thirdly, thank you for filling my past year with amazing experiences and opportunities! I have attended my first ever open mic, I took part in a Thanksgiving dinner, I watched Home Alone for the first time EVER and many many more memorable experiences.

Finally....to the future!!! To a once in a lifetime opportunity in Kenya - I promise to be good, to behave and to not get left on a bus (or plane)! I WILL make you proud in Kenya and I will NOT be wearing any tribal clothing! Not only this experience, but in autumn me and Brent WILL be attending our first ever weekend away and I cannot wait already! And ofcourse, even though I am graduating in June from Birmingham....you can't get rid of me that easily unfortunately, so I will be up and down the country lots to see you and hopefully your puppy / doggy =D

Thank you for everything Jason Tatum!! 

Have a fabulous 30th birthday and continue being your amazing self! 


Lot's of Love Always

Varsity Jo 

xxxx

"Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours.- Ludwig van Beethoven

No comments:

Post a Comment