Monday, April 23, 2012

I will never forget that you started "I started that!"

The very first time I met you, quite possibly my very first week of college I learned that you started "I started that!" on the Announcements song at Sandy Creek YoungLife. Now that I think about it, I have no idea what comes between "Announcements, announcements, annoooooouncements" and the end. Wait no. It literally just came to me. Here it is:

Announcements, announcements, annoooo-ooouncements.
The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be,
The old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be,
Why?? 'Cause she's dead.
The cow came home.
Moo.
Hakuna Matata.
I started that.
We should add something.*
FACE!**

In any event, you will forever be associated with that song, even though we never sang it at the same time. But since that first revelation, I have come to see you as one of the nicest and warmest people I have ever known. I love talking about things from Tyrone to Wes Anderson to Harry Potter with you. And I will never forget our quest through London to find the buried treasure that is Chipotle. Come visit me when I move to Denver and we'll go find the original one.

And now I leave you with these. I scoured your Facebook Mobile Uploads albums for these gems that you took at my house a few years ago because I'm fairly certain no picture of the two of us exists. I think this will likely bring you more joy in any case.





Giant baby on a bench says, "Bluaaahyhauhgahuagh Aiiiiiuutraathgin!" Translated, this reads:

"Happy Golden Birthday, Tatum! Stay fantastic!!"



Love,
Meaghan Mc

*Possibly after your time.
**Definitely after your time, as this was added by one Gary Luke Batchelor my sophomore year of high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment