Friday, April 27, 2012


Dear Tatum


So I don't remember when or where exactly in Birmingham we actually first met, but I do remember the night of your goodbye gathering for you going back to Atlanta after a short visit to Birmingham. I remember sitting on my housemate's bed, maybe in my pyjamas, at midnight or some-late-hour, looking out at the grim dark night, asking her 'should I or shouldn't I get up and go and bid farewell to Tatum?'. She said yes, do it. So I did, and I'm glad I did. I think that was the night when you added me onto your daily update (my email records tell me that I was added on the 20th March 2009), and what an honour, especially because you did hesitate in adding me! (I also remember thinking how high-tech you were in accessing blogs and emails and uploading photos and things on your phone. 3 ish years later and I'm still behind.

Anyway, I'm diverging. So from there grew our gmail chat conversations (sadly we were “off the record” too much on gmail chat and so I don't have many saved). But we talked lots about literature and how were you coming to England and no, not yet, and how long now? And a little bit more of those sequences later and your flight was booked to arrive late December.

So what other key memories do I have? I do remember that night we got back from somewhere and it had been snowing and you gave me a hug and you said it was the most awkward hug you'd had, and that I'd better improve it. I hope you would say that I have? haha

Somehow I never saw quite as much as you as I did in gmail chat those days, but it's just good to know you're in the same country as me, and every now and then I'll see you around.

TTFN!
Un abrazo awkward, Hannah :) x


OH, and happy birthday, Tatum!!! Feliz cumple! You're 30 on the 30th April. That's pretty cool.
You should totally bring out a limited edition Tatum update on that day for your adoring followers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment