Friday, April 20, 2012

Jasone!

Doctor.
well old fart they do say life begins at 30!  15 years ago there was supposed to be a double date.  We had it all planned.  Me with my date on one couch, you and yours on the other.   Conditions were perfect.  I had worn business socks.  Well as you know, that evening did not go as planned.  I've had far worse dates since then, but as far as dates go...never ideal when the other side of your couch is empty.  What transpired that night has shaped the paths of two immature, obnoxious, voices-still-cracking boys into the manly specimens we were to become 15 years later.  For you see Jason, the other side of that couch was not empty.  There we sat raising our chocolate milks and watching Vegas Vacation not knowing there would be 15 years of shenanigans, tom-foolery, and yes, bally-hoo.  Here's to you good man.


Top Ten Tatum Tales:
1. I have to start with running of the bulls.  That look in your eye.  You turning to me with that sudden realization that yes, you were about to go down into the arena and face your destiny.
2. Poison ivy - suffice it to say it was far longer than a mile and I'll never look at an iceberg the same way again.
3. Really easy trigger - possibly the scariest moment of my life and probably the reason I've lost so much hearing (although I blame it on the drums).  "you ever go skydiving boy? well maybe you shouldn't talk about things you don't understand."
4. Mario Kart - did we really spend an entire summer on my couch with that game?
5. "I did it again" - alright buddy let's go get another ice cream cone.
6. A sleepless night - for you at least.  apparently I was passed out the whole time.  I'm glad you didn't die though.  And hospital floors do not good beds make.
7. Dave Matthews - Did you really just play "Satellite"???
8. Cada Wuevees! Cada Wuevees!  - riding around on trashbins all night.  well spent.
9. Hey darlin' it's good to see ya, it's been a long time - the one time in my life I will ever spend over an hour watching a classical country music collection...
10. I'll just finish off with saying spaghetti, lasagna, and african rice....followed by more spaghetti, lasagna, and african rice.  One of the greatest traditions ever created.

Here's to another 15 years good man.


No comments:

Post a Comment