Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Frisbee and the mountain and everything else

Dear Tay Tay,

I have left this very late, which, as you know, is my usual way of doing things. So, Hunny Bunny and I were discussing what sort of thing we would put up on your blog and we were finding it difficult to really get to grips with it. It was definitely one of those questions of, "Where do I start?" My first instinct was to look through my photos to try to jog my memory. Turns out I've only used my camera about three times in the last three years so that didn't really help. So after a bit of thought, I called dibs on the Frisbee and the mountain moment. If Huniak writes about it, he is spitting on my dibs and will pay.

I chose this moment because it was a magical moment where you summoned super human coolness to throw the Frisbee three miles (measurements are estimates only). We had all just walked up a mountain a few minutes beforehand so we already felt like we were standing on top of the world, but that throw turned it from a great morning into a legendary achievement.

It is one moment amongst many, and to be honest it's the many that count. When I came back from Germany, I was not particularly looking forward to being back. A lot of my friends had graduated and I don't exactly enjoy uni at the best of times. It was really great to know that you would still be there and we could hang out and enjoy ourselves. You've always got time for people and that's one of your best qualities, and there are plenty more.

I don't want to get greedy here with the memories but I've just thought of another: After we went to the Christmas market and you had your friends over, we went to the pub to show them "British culture." I gallantly left you talking to the "Pearl Harbour" man whilst I spoke to your friends. After he'd gone we turned to your friends and they then knew exactly what we were talking about when we'd mentioned the "specialness" of the Goose.

Keep on being amazing,

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment